Saturday, May 25, 2013

Another Update

So today (5/25), I finished everything I needed to do in preparation for my trip to Canada! I booked my flights yesterday, and sent out all the final paperwork today. Now I'm working on an info board about Vancouver that I will set up at my graduation party and probably elsewhere, but I'm not quite sure yet. I'm also working on my speech for my first graduation, and I can't decide what I want to do. I am either going to use this post and simply read from it, or I'm going to take this post and expound upon the idea.

I like both of these for graduation, because I don't want to give the usual "this is not the end, it's the beginning" speech that every student speaker gives. I also don't want to just speak to my fellow graduates, but to the rest of the people in attendance. There are going to be all kinds of family and friends there, and the likelihood is that some of them might need a little reminding about life as a Christian. While I won't be focusing on how this is a new chapter in our life, I do want to let everyone know that our choices will affect the rest of our lives as adults, and I think both of my options will help with that.

I'm so excited about the next couple of weeks as I prepare for Canada. I've been contacting my fellow team members and getting to know them a little better over the past week. From what I know so far, this team is going to be on fire for God and serving Vancouver. I really am excited about the opportunities I'm going to have.

Busy as always,
Emily E.

No comments:

Post a Comment