Thursday, August 1, 2013

From the Field- Final Update

It is 2:30 pm. I am completely packed and ready to go. In four hours, I will be at debriefing starting the end of my time here in Vancouver.  In two days, I will be on a plane heading to Chicago on the first part of my journey home. I am not prepared to leave. I do not have any desire to leave. As I go, I am leaving a very large part of my heart behind. And that is okay. Falling in love with a city is okay. Falling in love with a church and with an ethnic group is okay.

Mourning over the loss of them is not okay. I will miss Vancouver, but I will not be overcome by sorrow when I return home. I will not allow my longing to be back debilitate me from working back at home. I will not let it hold me back from my studies, I will not let it hold me back from whatever ministry I may have at home.

Because as great as this summer has been, it has to come to an end now. And I'm okay with that. I have made friendships that will last a lifetime, if not this one, than the one in eternity. And hopefully, we'll all see each other again someday.

I'm so thankful for the opportunity to come to Vancouver this summer, and I'm so thankful for all your prayers. Continue to pray for me while I travel and readjust to life back at home. There are a lot of things that are going to be going on when I get back, so I'm going to have to bounce back into the swing of things quite quickly.

As for school plans, I am still going to finish my Associates degree when I return. I will have that completed within the year, so that will take up a lot of time. I will be looking for a job as well, and will begin my journey into the adult world! (yay.)

In Christ,
Emily E.

No comments:

Post a Comment